'The Other Shore' by Gao Xingjian
Directed by Josh Machamer
Feb. 26-28 & Mar. 5-7, 2015
Alex & Faye Spanos Theatre, Cal Poly.
The experimental production is a journey of human experience toward enlightenment or “the other shore.” Through the use of games, sounds, gestures and words, the actors created a series of episodes showcasing the struggle between the human collective consciousness and the idea of being an individual.
In the production, audience members were travelers as well, finding themselves immersed in a nontraditional environment onstage for the duration of the play.
- San Luis Obispo Tribune: "Cal Poly Takes Theater Goers To 'The Other Shore'"
- New Times: "Cal Poly Stages Experimental Play About Human Behavior, 'The Other Shore'"
Production Faculty & Staff:
- Costume Designer: Thomas J. Bernard
- Technical Director: Clint Bryson
- Costume Shop Supervisor: Sarah Bryan
- Set and Lighting Designer: Pegi Marshall-Amundsen
If you have trouble viewing this slideshow, please view it on Flickr.