Dec 30, 2020
- Two Cal Poly Theatre alumni have been cast in Berkeley Playhouse's production of Into the Woods! Congrats to Erika Cospin and Romelo Urbi. Learn how to see the performance here.
- Assistant Professor Brian Healy has been promoted to Associate Professor and granted tenure. Congratulations!!
- Lecturer Hala Baki lead a discussion based on the film “Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People" on April 27. The event was co-sponsored by the Theatre and Dance Department.
- Winter mainstage productions Shelter and Floor Plan were previewed in New Times paper.
- Minute Perspectives: A mixed-media art installation inspired by Shelter was featured in downtown San Luis Obispo! Works by Cal Poly students, staff, and faculty could be viewed in several stores as well as in the windows of the SLO Chamber.
- Associate Professor Christy Chand's dance film O U T S I D E was selected as an official entry to the Inaugural Cornish College of the Arts Screen Dance Festival.
- Associate Professor Christy Chand published an article for the global online dance community, DancePlug about dance podcasts.
- Assistant Professor Ramón Esquivel and his co-presenter, Johamy Morales of Seattle Children's Theatre, presented a workshop, Playwrights for Change: Creating a Playwriting Workshop for BIPOC Youth, on February 6th. This workshop is part of the Everyone's a Playwright Symposium, sponsored by the American Alliance.
- Assistant Professor Ramón Esquivel presented Teatro Campesino/Farmworkers Theatre: Lessons on Activist Theatre at the 5th Annual CLA Social Justice Teach In on February 11.
- Assistant Professor Ramón Esquivel lead the workshop Playwriting and Latinx Theatre: Writing Our Identities and Cultures on February 12th at the KCACTF Region 8 virtual festival. Using models of excellence by Latinx playwrights, participants wrote monologues and scenes that project their unique backgrounds and experiences on to the stage.
A dance Master Class with the Doug Varone Company happened on Friday, February 19 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Professor Josh Machamer has taken a new role (congrats!!!) in the College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office! Associate Professor Christy Chand will serve as Interim Department Chair through this academic year.
Continue reading Read the latest happenings with our faculty, staff, students, and alumni! ...