'Spike Heels' by Theresa Rebeck
Directed by Heidi Nees
May 7-9, 14-16, 2015
Alex and Faye Spanos Theatre on the Cal Poly campus.
Pygmalion goes awry in this contemporary comedy of manners which explores sexual harassment, misplaced amour, and the possibility of a four sided love triangle. The combatants are a sexy, volatile young woman and three Back Bay types a writer, a lawyer and a fiancee in sensible shoes. The setting is Boston, the ending is happy and laughter abounds.
- Mustang News: 'A Balancing Act: Theatre & Dance Department To Present "Spike Heels"'
- Mustang News: '"Spike Heels" Tackles Love Triangles, Sexism and Fabulous Shoes'
- New Times: 'Cal Poly Stages Modern Take on Pygmalion with "Spike Heels"'
- San Luis Obispo Tribune: '"Spike Heels," Playing
in SLO, Deals With Shoes, Sex and Power Struggles'
Production Faculty & Staff:
- Costume Designer: Thomas J. Bernard
- Technical Director: Clint Bryson
- Costume Shop Supervisor: Sarah Bryan
- Set and Lighting Designer: Pegi Marshall-Amundsen
If you have trouble viewing this slideshow, please view it on Flickr.