Events in October
Theatre Program Alumni Talkbacks/Workshops Alumni
programming that brings students together with alums from a variety of professions
- Real Talk with Trinity – How everything you’ve learned now actually matters
Trinity Smith (’17); Friday, October 5 from 12:00-1:30pm
- #OurTime – Women Graduates working and applying their theatre education into careers
Sarah Claspell (’05), Anna Gebauer (’12), Melissa Frye (’15), Jennifer Nelson (’14), Krista Schoenbaum (’07), Amanda Sitko (’03); Friday, October 26 from 2:00-4:00pm
Theatre Program Professional Workshop Series 2018-2019
- Act Like It’s Your Business – Branding for Artists Led by Jonathan Flom Friday, October 5 from 2:00-5:00pm
"Intelligence in the Arts"
- Dr. Matthew Henley Friday, October 19 from 2:10-3pm Cal Poly Warren J. Baker Center for Science and Mathematics (Building 180, Room 101)
A special lecture sponsored by the Cal Poly College of Liberal Arts and Theatre and Dance Department. In this lecture, Dr. Matthew Henley will discuss philosophical, cognitive, and neuroscientific justifications for viewing artistic practice and arts education as environments for the manifestation of intelligence. Adopting a neurodiversity framework, Dr. Henley will frame the revaluation of artistic ways of knowing and being in the world as a diversity and inclusion strategy, leveraging individual aptitudes in the arts as a way to support academic, professional, and personal success.
Cal Poly Theatre Program Los Angeles Alumni Mixer
- Friday, October 19 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Everson Royce Bar, 1936 East 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021